CareerHoot is the go-to career resource for cool bios and interview profiles of “life hackers” who have made awesome career transitions — often multiple times.
We provide insightful written summaries and recordings of interviews with awesome young professionals who have done awesome career switches.
Whether you’re just beginning your career or making your fourth career switch, we hope CareerHoot will become a go-to resource for ambitious young professionals who are “career planners” at heart — to help people research different careers, think about how to break into various industries, or simply find inspiration from others who have made awesome career switches.
Our interviews provide tangible, immediate insight that can help inform your very next career move by showing you how others recently made similar career moves. We provide insight on questions like:
- How can a non-traditional candidate break into finance at Goldman Sachs or consulting at McKinsey?
- Should I go to law school if I ultimately want to work in business?
- How do I get a job at the White House? What can I do after I leave a job at the White House?
- What can I do with an MD if I don’t want to be a practicing doctor?
- How do I land a creative job at an ad agency like Leo Burnett? Publishing company like Random House?
- How do you transition from a liberal arts college degree to a cool television job at HBO?
- What does it take to co-found and run a startup and get into an accelerator like Y Combinator?
- How should I pivot my career and what tactical things should I do in the next 6-12 months to get where I want to go long-term?
Think of CareerHoot as your newspaper for career path design.
We’re all about: Awesome Stories. Career Transitions.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get our latest interviews delivered straight to your inbox.