CareerHoot is the go-to career resource for cool bios and insightful interview profiles of “life hackers” who have made awesome career switches — often multiple times.
Whether you’re just starting your career or making your fourth career transition, CareerHoot is designed for ambitious young professionals who are “career planners” at heart.
We want to help you research career paths, understand the specifics steps of how people like you got their “foot in the door” for competitive jobs, or simply help you find inspiration from others who have made awesome career moves.
Our interviews provide tangible, immediate insights that can help inform your very next career move by showing you how others recently made similar career moves. We provide insights like:
- How can a non-traditional candidate get into finance at Goldman Sachs or consulting at McKinsey?
- Should I go to law school if I really want to work in business?
- How do I get a job at the White House? What can I do after I leave a job at the White House?
- What can I do with an MD if I don’t want to be a practicing doctor?
- How do I land a creative job at an ad agency like Leo Burnett? Publishing company like Random House?
- How do you transition from a liberal arts college degree to a cool television job at HBO?
- What does it take to co-found and run a startup and get into an accelerator like Y Combinator?
- What specific steps should I take in the next 6 months to get where I want to go long-term?
We’re all about: Awesome Stories. Career Transitions.
Subscribe to our mailing list to get our latest interviews delivered straight to your inbox.